A challenging game for the Billiards player with a high buzz factor. To play, you’ll need people, beer, and a pool table.
How to Play
Although the game itself is a variation of 8 ball, the set up is quite different. You’ll need to place all of the solid balls are placed in a cluster over the dot:
- the 8 ball is on the dot
- the 1 ball is to the left of the 8 ball
- the 2 ball is to the right of the 8 ball
- the 7 ball is above the 8 ball
- the 6 ball is below the 8 ball
- the 3 ball is underneath the 1 ball (to the left of the 6 ball)
- the 4 ball is underneath the 2 ball (to the right of the 6 ball)
- the 5 ball is underneath the 6 ball
Meanwhile, the stripes are placed in the area between the corner and the middle pocket:
- One ball on each side rail 1/4 of the way from the corner pockets
- One ball centred between the above balls (i.e. below the collection of solids)
- One ball on each side rail 1/2 of the way from the corner pockets
- One ball on each side rail 3/4 of the way from the corner pockets
If a player pots a solid ball, the player gets to give out the number of the ball in healthy swigs of beer. If a player sinks a stripe, the player must drink the number of the ball. In the event of a scratch, the player must finish their drink.
When all of the stripes have been sunk, the game is over. Until that point, whenever there is only one solid left on the table, all the other solids are placed on the table with the five position deleted.